Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default Intruder alarms - wired or wireless?

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message

Even CCTV isn't really the answer. The resultant images usually merely
portray some thick-looking yoof wearing a 'hoodie'. The only possible
people who could recognise the individual are likely to be parents or
accomplices, who aren't exactly likely to 'turn them in', innit :-)

What's really needed is some sort of 'system' to _catch_ people
_before_ they do damage breaking in, rather than after.

There doesn't appear to be a law to allow arrest before they commit a crime.
I suppose that once we all get head inserts and the thought police can
really read minds there will be such a law.

BTW CCTV is still in the dark ages, no HD unless you go IP cameras.
The detail is far better on HD IP cameras than the normal ones.
There is still the problem of finding them after the event.
Maybe we could use smart water with a radioactive marker.
Then you could have police checkpoints to arrest the survivors.
Discuss.

--
Frank Erskine