Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default just remodeled bathroom- put in new sink, shower, tub.. but sink takes longer to get hot water, why?

On Sun, 15 May 2011 19:47:30 -0700 (PDT), Erin Marulli
wrote:

On May 15, 6:34*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"KOS" wrote in message

Hi,
just had a bathroom remodeled.. Prior to this, the old sink would get
real hot fast. few secs.. Now it takes approximately 35 secs to get
hot... I checked the shower and tub they got hot real fast... The
shower has 3 new jets.. I have not used the shower yet as it does not
have a door, brand new and I havent used the tub either. Could this
slow getting hot water to bathroom faucset be because I have not used
the shower on a regular basis???

The other batrhoom on same floor gets hot fast.
Thanks

In addition to all the excellent advice already offered, take the aerator
off the faucet for a test run. *It may have clogged with sediment the first
time it was used. *Not easy but a needle can clear the holes.

old faucet was an old American standard from the 1950s..

You are going to get about 1/4 to 1/2 the flow of that old faucet.

--
Colbyt
Please come visithttp://www.househomerepair.com

Not easy but a needle can clear the holes.

So can blowing the aerator out in the opposite direction with an air
hose or a jet of water.

You just have to make sure you don't blow the screen out and lose it.

I hate to recommend replace rather than repair, and I haen't looked
but I think you can also buy a new screen at a real hardware store,
like ACE. You may have to buy a package of 10! It's real but not
that real. You can give them to your friends, become Johnny
FaucetScreen.