Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_6_] G. Morgan[_6_] is offline

Default a 30" door is not a 30" door apparently

N8N wrote:

Well, I'm a little annoyed, although it is my fault somewhat for not
measuring the door against the opening before starting to prep it.

How old is the house? Doors sizes were not always standardized, and
often built on-site.

Yes, you should have measured! The dimensions are the first thing you
write down, then whether it's RH or LH for hinges, then if they swing in
or out.

I guess the order of operations is not important, obviously. But
believe me, after I saw a professional I was helping pick-up the wrong
door (even knowing the measurements)...

Well, that's something else to measure/inspect at the supplier too. I
don't trust stickers implicitly now when the consequence is a ~~
R-e-a-l-l-y ~~ rotten day.

--
1 FREE lifetime domain registration!
DreamHost Promo Code "GMORG321"