Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Intruder alarms - wired or wireless?

On 15/05/2011 09:45, A.Lee wrote:
I've been asked to fit an alarm for a customer.
They currently have a wired one that is 20 years old, so needs replacing
as it is falling apart, especially the door sensors.

Fitting a wireless one would be far easier for me, but are they reliable
enough?

If not/so, then could someone recommend an alarm for a bungalow, 3
doors, plus maybe 2 movement sensors in the conservatory and garage?

Thanks
Alan.

I've fitted a couple of Yale wireless ones lately without any problems.

However, with alarms - and PIR lights, I always get the customer to buy
them. That way any warranty on the actual unit isn't with me.