Posted to alt.home.repair
Erin Marulli Erin Marulli is offline

Default Eliminating a Window

On May 14, 7:57*pm, Greg Esres wrote:
I have a window in my kitchen that connects to a semi-enclosed
porch....the porch used to be a car port. *I can see nothing out the
window except the side of my garage. *I now want to put cabinets on
the wall the contains the window, so I'd like to get rid of it. *The
exterior wall is brick, so I'd need some way to wall up that opening.
It's on the interior of the semi-enclosed porch, so it doesn't have to
be flawless. *I have this image in my head of windows containing some
sort of concrete slabs that contain cast images....have I seen this in
garden brick walls? *I'm thinking this sort of thing might be easier
than trying to brick up the opening with bricks that may not match the
existing brickwork. *Any hints on what to Google for would be
appreciated.

Put one of these in the exterior opening:

http://www.found****.com/pictures/de...ws-hanging.jpg