Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Harper CANNOT be trusted with a majority Gov't.

On May 15, 5:10*pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 5/15/2011 1:24 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On May 15, 11:00 am, *wrote:
"Jack *wrote in message
I'm grumbling because I'm using the worlds worst OS on my PC because of
these past illegal marketing practices. *I'm grumbling because most of the
software professionally developed is developed only for the worlds worst
OS.

It's really noticeable how you've tip toed around Apple and its operating
system. Most windows programs of any importance in today's computer worlde
have been ported over to Apple.

And, of course the reverse where Apple had certain professional
publishing programs first. (Adobe..yes many Adobe products were ported
to Windoze from Mac.) Microsoft Word was available for the Mac 4 years
before the Windoze version. Excel was available for Mac 3 years before
the Windoze version.
One reason for the publishing industry's use was the Laserwriter
printers and scanner software available for small desktop publishers.
Photoshop was available on the Mac 4 years prior to the very bad
Windoze version.

I just love the advertisements on TV which has some paid shill say:
"Widows 7 was MY idea."
To which Steve Jobs replied once by saying: "actually it was MY idea,
except we called it Mac OS 9. TEN years before Win7. (Of course we
went to a UNIX based OS with OSX in 2000.... and I have yet to crash
any of my family's Macs since OS X) (I do use some PC software for my
CNC's G-coding and that seems to be reasonably stable as long as I
don't try anything 'out-side the envelope'.

So Macs have a unique place as it caters to the dumber computer
operators on one end of the spectrum, due to its ease of operation,
and it caters to the ultra creative/bright operators on the very
demanding end of the spectrum, due to its immense scope and power....
and everybody in between.

I regularly hear about professionals such as
graphic artists choosing Apple as their preferred operating system. So,
what's your excuse? There's certainly other working operating systems out
there right now, but you choose to whine and grumble about what's past, not
what's current. My only guess is that you're too stupid or too lazy or too
cheap to do anything different than to follow along with the pack, the same
pack that you've been whining about.

The problem with this theory is MacOS is more closed off than Windows ever
was. *You cannot run it on anything but Apple hardware. *And this, from a
system that was born in *open source* *- FreeBSD.

You say that as if that is a bad thing. It forces quality control.