Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Also had an 18VDC DeWalt drill along with a panel saw. for about 10 years
before it was stolen. Wore out at least 2 sets of batteries.

I'm on my third year of a 6 unit set of cordless DeWalt tools so I haven't
yet approached the wearing out of any of the batteries. Just last month I
had a look at some of the new 18v lithium ion batteries. Half the weight of
the XRP batteries and almost have the size. What I'd like to see is some of
those XRP battery casings retrofitted to hold some of those lithium ion
battery cells. Doubt that's going to happen though. Naturally DeWalt will be
after people buying entirely new cordless tools than just buying new updated
batteries for them.