Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default Can a microwave oven have its output imited?

On May 15, 5:37*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
mike wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2011 14:35:51 -0400, mm
wrote:

Can a microwave oven have its output controlled, limited, by something
like adjusting the AGC on a TV? * Or on combo devices, radio,
cassette, CD, tv, there is usually a pot on each of those, adjusted so
the volume stays the same when one changes functions.

I didn't like my old small microwave oven because it was so small, and
I also had to cook longer than instructions said, because it was low
power. *(So I was in the habit of mulitplying the time given by 1.1 or
1.3, but I was hoping not to have to do that anymore.)

Now I have a new, one-year old, full-size Sharp microwave -- I can
provide the model number if it matters -- and it is too powerful.
Things cooked in their packages according to instructions have their
water boiling over and taking some of the food with it, and I presume
other food is being cooked more than instructions or recipes call for.