Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Toggle switches

wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2011 13:38:44 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
For aesthetic purposes I wanted to use toggle switches as those
commonly used on electronic equipment for use as light switches in a
room. Plan is to make my own cover plates from brushed aluminum. What
would the requirements be to make these code compliant if that is
possible, The switches I have are rated for 120VAC @ 20 amp DPDT I was
planing on using these switches as for both the single switch, 3 way
and 4 way operation.

Jimmie

** I would think that as long as they are rated for the proper voltage and
amperage, they should be fine. Those switches are fine for single pole and
3
way operation, but they won't work for 4 way

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Reversing%20sw.jpg

I'm looking at your diagram, and I'm thinking "why do you have six
terminals?" My mistake, he did write "double throw"