Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electrical conductor that can carry a physical load?

On 5/14/2011 5:49 PM, SamTakoy wrote:

Aesthetics. I imagine four supports: three steel cables and one
conductor. So I guess 2.5lb on the conductor... Still a no go?

The tensile strength of the wire wouldn't be the problem; the problem is
ensuring that relieve any possible transfer of tension at all from to
the connections.

One could use a small diameter rod instead of the cable and feed a very
small physical wire down each (assuming this isn't going to be a
lighthouse, 16 ga would likely be adequate).

NEC doesn't address fixtures so it isn't the normal Code that's the
go-to here, but I'm sure UL would have a conniption fit over the idea...