Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Putting in single light switch into 2 gang gem box

On 5/15/2011 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2011 09:39:08 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

Doing some electrical work in my brother-in-law's condo. Because of a
wall that was taken down, I have to make a splice box to rejoin some
circuits. One of which was a light switch for the hallway.This will be
in a sheetrock wall so I have to cut in an old work gem box The only
problem is one gem box is to small to fit 4 BX cables, so I wanted to
put 2 gem boxes. But now how do I put in only 1 light switch? Is there
a cover plate made for that purpose? Or am I missing something here?

You can get decora covers and put a blank on one side

A real electrical supply will have 1 switch/1 blank. Borg will have the
overpriced snap-together modular cover plates. In situations like that,
I often see a blank covered box high on the wall, painted wall color. Or
if there is a nearby closet, hide the J-box in there. In a house, you
can just put it in the attic- I assume that is not an option here.

--
aem sends....