Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Intruder alarms - wired or wireless?

In article ,
A.Lee wrote:
I've been asked to fit an alarm for a customer.
They currently have a wired one that is 20 years old, so needs replacing
as it is falling apart, especially the door sensors.

Most sensors are standard and can be replaced?

Fitting a wireless one would be far easier for me, but are they reliable
enough?

If not/so, then could someone recommend an alarm for a bungalow, 3
doors, plus maybe 2 movement sensors in the conservatory and garage?

If the wiring is good and suitable, surely it would be easy to replace
like with like?

By the nature of things. wireless is never going to be as reliable as
wired - unless the wiring is so badly done it could suffer damage.

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.