Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default Eliminating a Window

On May 14, 7:57*pm, Greg Esres wrote:
I have a window in my kitchen that connects to a semi-enclosed
porch....the porch used to be a car port. *I can see nothing out the
window except the side of my garage. *I now want to put cabinets on
the wall the contains the window, so I'd like to get rid of it. *The
exterior wall is brick, so I'd need some way to wall up that opening.
It's on the interior of the semi-enclosed porch, so it doesn't have to
be flawless. *I have this image in my head of windows containing some
sort of concrete slabs that contain cast images....have I seen this in
garden brick walls? *I'm thinking this sort of thing might be easier
than trying to brick up the opening with bricks that may not match the
existing brickwork. *Any hints on what to Google for would be
appreciated.

YOU SHOULD BRICK IT OUT WITH WEATHERED BRICKS CLOSE TO THE SHAPE &
TONE OF YOUR EXISTING WALL.....
IF YOU DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH THE EFFORT...TAKE A LIFE-SIZE PICTURE
OF YOUR OUTER BRICK WALL., SEND IT KODAK, THEY WILL SCALE IT TO THE
SIZE YOU WANT, THEN JUST PASTE IT ON LIKE WALLPAPER OVER YOUR
PANELWORK, THEN WEATHERPROOF IT WITH CLEAR WEATHERPROOF PAINT....WHILE
YOURE AT IT WEATHER PROOF THE ADJACENT BRICKS TOO.
THAT GHETTO NEIGHBORHOOD THAT ALLOWED YOU TO BUILD THAT PORCH WONT
MIND AT ALL.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA...

YOU CAN BRICK IT OUT, THEN JUST BLAST THE ENTIRE WALL CLEAN AND NO ONE
WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE...OR IS THE AREA INACCESSIBLE ???

TGITM