Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gs gs is offline

Default Can a microwave oven have its output imited?

On May 14, 8:49*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
mm wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2011 19:19:28 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

* Magnetrons don't work that way. *They run at full power over their
useful life. *That's why they have to use PWM to control the average
power level.

Makes sense. *Okay. *I'll give up the plan. *That's one more thiing I
don't have to do.

Thanks again.

* *You're welcome. *That's why I have two microwave ovens.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

I use two. A big sears 800 watts, and little Panasonic inverter 1200
watts. Weird but true. Always use the inverter for frozen dinners.

I think you have to wide pulse the magnetron, like many seconds.
A little weird, the inverter takes about 3 seconds to fire up after
pushing start.

Greg