Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,uk.rec.audio
who where who where is offline

Default Help with wiring colors on old headphones

On Sat, 14 May 2011 13:55:16 +0100, Patrick
wrote:

On 13:07 14 May 2011, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

(snip)

Hope you have a source of the muffs for these - they crumble to dust
quite quickly.

(snip)

You're right about the muffs crumbling. I threw them out. First I'll see
what the cans sound like now and then decide if it's worth getting new
muffs.

I have Sennheiser HD414's from ~1980. In the last year the muffs have
gone from developing a lasting flat where they rest on a surface, to
literally crumbling.

Sennheiser's national distributor has replacements for $A9 plus
postage. I'm impressed.