Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fried outlet

Ask your neighbors, and at church. Perhaps you have a friend
who can do the work. Watch the first couple, can be a much
safer way to learn. compared to reading web sites, and
learning by failure.

Electrical "learning curve" can hurt. This, I know.....

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
I had an outage due to my own ****ing foolishness. Flipped
the
relevant breaker & all was well -- I thought.

Went to watch a little TV before sleep; whole "entertainment
center"
dark. Traced it to wall outlet which powered the whole
shebang. So
now great big yellow power cord trailing across bedroom
floor to
unaffected outlet.

My few attempts at installing new outlets in another room
didn't work
out too great (though I followed instructions exactly), and
I can ill
afford to pay an electrician to do the job.

Is this do-able by a non-techie?

(Also, why just that one outlet fried?)

TIA

HB