Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmower buying time

On Sat, 14 May 2011 10:40:36 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 23:14:58 -0700, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"Engine"? You want a mower with an engine?

I switched to a reel mower six years ago--it's cheap to run, needs little
maintenance, and gives me a decent bit of exercise at the same time. Quiet
too. I would need a huge lawn to think about switching back to a mower with
a motor.

Classic leftist's "I'm greener than you" neener.

Reel mower? I took out all my turf, except 300 sq. ft. (for the pet).
The rebate from the water utility paid for the rock used to replace
the turf.

I still keep my small power mower for that area. A reel mower on dense
fescue would be work..

Try it on Zoyzia. My Honda even has its work cut out for it at times.