Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Oven thermostat question

On Sat, 14 May 2011 17:09:04 GMT, Jesse wrote:

mm wrote in
:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 21:55:13 GMT, Jesse
wrote:

Would anyone happen to know, in a typical oven thermostat
set at say 350 degrees, when it would usually kick on? At
345? At 340? Lower?

I don't konw if this helps, but you can adjust the electric
oven control on GE and probably all electric ovens now.

LOL at myself. By "now" I meant as opposed to 31+ years ago. I'm
not even sure about then, but my oven from only 30 years ago, that I
just replaced because of a grease fire, could have the temperature
calibrated by the owner, with a simple screwdriver.

And my "new" oven from 20 years ago, also non-digital, also had the
instructions in owners manual. What about microwave ovens? I'll
start a new thread.

For non-electroncially controlled ovens, I'm sure the
method is the same for all of them -- it's part of the
operating instructions for each model --, and I'll bet
there's a method for electronically controlled too. It
would be a step backwards if there weren't.

It makes sense that new models would be better, but I'm not
sure it would have occurred to me if you handn't troubled to
respond.

That's very nice. Glad to hear it.

Thanks for the help.

You're welcome.