Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Small Motor Seasonal Starting Saga Solved?

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
Holy cow. You get this week's "What, Me Worry?" award. g You're in a
class with my cousin (now deceased, but for other reasons). He was in the
First Marine Division in Laos and Vietnam, and he used to tell how he
heated his coffee by burning a wad of C4.

I guess it burns nicely, but I'm not likely ever to find out, first-hand.

Heck, Ed, I've done that.

It burns hot and sparkles a lot.

But it takes a LOT of C4 to heat anything.
It's gone so fast it doesn't have much time to transfer heat.

What I want to know is, who was the first guy to try this? Here in NJ we
have these big myths about the first guy to eat a tomato. But I would think
that the first guy to heat his coffee over flaming C4 deserves a statue
somewhere, doesn't he?

Or a line on his headstone, "Here, hold my beer and watch this..."

The standard way to dispose of old dynamite is to burn it out in the
open, in small quantities. From a distance.

Joe Gwinn