Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,uk.rec.audio

Default Help with wiring colors on old headphones

"Patrick"
Phil Allison wrote:
"Patrick"

I have some vinatge headphones (Sennheiser HD424) and want to attach a
new plug.

Which color wires are the positive ones?

The colors in one of the leads are red & blue and in the other lead
black & yellow. (No wire is used as screening - there's just two
wires in each lead.)

** Stick the damn phones on your fat head and connect pairs of wires
to a AA battery until you hear a click.

Now you have your two pairs of wires.

Wire them to a plug any way around you like and connect the same AA to
the common and both positives at the same time.

If the click seems to comes from right inside your head - game over.

If you need more explanation - you do not deserve it.

The four wires are already grouped as two pairs, so we already know which
two wires go together.

I want to get the phasing right (even for headphones). I need to know
which color wire in each pair is the positive.

** I just gave the the answer - you ****ing idiot.

..... Phil