Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_20_] Josepi[_20_] is offline

Default Harper CANNOT be trusted with a majority Gov't.

You shop at the wrong computer stores then.

When I buy individual components and build my own (all except one over the
years), where is the MS royalty installed? MoBo, PS, CPU, HDD????

When I buy a decent computer without the spamware installed I don't pay any
MS royalty. That was an old wives tale based on old sucker practices for the
brand names.

If you don't want to support Microsoft don't buy from the locked in company
suppliers. Get a real computer from a builder that uses decent quality
components.

I mean...come on...you can use a odd O/S but have to buy a brand-name on the
box hardware?

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
eb.com...
Problem is that PCs come with Windows and the built in bump in price
because of that. If I don't want Windows, but Linux instead, I still
have to pay for Windows. If the PC manufacturer wants to provide me
with a Window-less PC and reduce the price accordingly, M$ threatens to
take them off their approved list and either not provide Windows for
those who want it or charge them much more for ever copy.