Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Popcorn in a microwave oven!

On Mon, 09 May 2011 03:47:12 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2011 16:02:35 -0400, mm
wrote:

I didn't think they used butter, just yellow flavoring. Seriously.
Maybe art theatres use butter, or in expensive neighborhoods, but
gnereally I thought they didn't.

A friend used to own a bar and had a popcorn machine just like in the
theaters. A yellow oil in a bottle was put in with the corn before
popping. I said vegetable oil with "Butter Flavor" contained salt
too. The idea was to make the popcorn with the least effort. No need
to add salt or anything else when done. It did taste good despite the
fake flavoring. After adding the oil and corn everything was
automatic.

Of course now there are places that bring in pre-popped popcorn!

P&M