Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default What do you think?

On 5/13/2011 12:32 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
One tree branch about ~4 in. in diameter over hangs across the fence
casting shade on our gazebo. I few times mentioned to the neighbor to
take care of his tree but no response at all. Now SWMBO says cut it and
toss the branch over into their yard. Is it too rude to do that?

I'm surprised at you asking that question...it borders on nasty to toss
the branch back in the neighbor's yard. If the tree MUST be pruned,
read up on how to do it and do it in a way that doesn't distort the
overall shape. Where I used to live, it was violation of code to prune
trees in a way that distorts them (like pruning all growth on one side).
I think it would be better to have more shade than to offend a
neighbor. In most places, one has a right to prune to the property line
and the stuff you prune over your own property is yours to dispose of.