Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default a bios question

Abi Normal wrote:

On May 13, 11:56 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Abi Normal wrote:

"You do know that a lot of HP computers used the same motherboard,
power supply and drives as eMachines that sold for half the price?"

"Or that Gateway and eMachines is owned by Acer?"

And that makes them any good?

Does trolling make you feel important? All three brands suffered
from the substandard electrolytic problem, like just about every other
brand. they got a bad reputation, but the others were "just tricked by
component counterfeiters".

If you don't build your own rig, then you might as well buy a Dell.
But not Acer(eMach,Gatewat) or HPaq!
If that's trolling TFB!

Yawn... I owned a computer store for several years where I built a
lot of computers, but you're still a troll.

Let's see. 'Charter' is your ISP, and you have to use Google groups
with a screen name of 'Abi Normal', but you claim that you aren't a
troll?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.