Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jason Judge Jason Judge is offline

Default Sea-facing gable-end wall to paint

On May 12, 9:13*pm, "MuddyMike" wrote:
"Jason" wrote in message

I am having my chimney rebuilt in a few weeks time, and to do that, the
gable-endwall needs scaffolding. Taking advantage of that, I would like
paint the wall, since I cannot get to it without the scaffolding.

Why do you want to paint it? Whatever you use it will need doing again, and
again, and again. I vowed never to have another house that needs painting
after owning a painted, rendered house for 23 years. The longest lasting
paint I used was Micatex *by Permoglaze ( I think they call it Permotex now)
that weathered far better than Sandtex, but if you must paint that wall use
the smooth version it goes much further.

Mike

Why? Strict instructions, for which I have been arguing against for
years.

This particular wall faces onto a primary school playground next door,
where my better half works. It is got grey and patchy over the years,
and just looks untidy. I guess in the end it is the thing to do for
the neighbourhood.

-- JJ