Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kitchen floor tile question

On May 13, 9:18*am, Red Green wrote:
KOS wrote :

On May 7, 11:46*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"KOS" wrote in message

a friend of mine just had a new kitchen installed. The contractor
who did the tile work installed new tile for the floor.
The job was finished, but my friend noticed the contractor, for
some odd reason, installed a tile that is cracked, it looks like it
was filled with grout to cover it up.. but it is clearlly cracked.
shouldnt the contractor come back and replace the cracked tile he
installed?

Yes, it never should have been installed that way or left there if he
cau

sed
the crack. *My concern would be that he will make a bigger mess
taking

it
out.

exactly, i think my friend held some money b/c job wasnt done yet. you
bring up a good point maybe the guy will make a bigger mess and create
more problems..

He took the job. If tiler can't correct it then tiler needs to sub-k
someone who can. Tilers problem. Not the buyer.- Hide quoted text -

I've removed cracked tile with the ball head of a hammer without
drilling. Just don't get carried away and start near the crack. The
use a brick chisel as a scraper to clean out the grout and take down
the old mortar a bit.