Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default VFD question

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

"Pete C." wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Cross-Slide wrote:

Maybe YOU are talking about an RPC, but the subject of the OP
is "
VFD
question "

It doesn't matter, since the transformer goes before anything
else.
It operates at line voltage, and in Gunner's case at a constant
60
Hz.

It does matter, a set of transformers can most certainly come after
RPC, if you only have buck transformers large enough to handle the
three
phase current, not the single phase current.

Why would you put three after the RPC when one at the input ddoes
it
right? Are you that stupid?

Because in the case of an RPC, the entire downstream bus in all
probability
has excessive voltage imbalances when measured phase to phase and even
even
a few percent of voltage imbalance has a very profoundly negative
effect
on
motor temtrature rise and energy losses to core heating....

Are YOU that stupid?

Sigh. Are you saying that you will adjust each transformer as you
change the load?

Sigh....

What I'm saying is to balance the RPC output voltage first and THEN apply
power factor correction on an as-needed basis at each individual load.

And overvolt the RPC motor? Not very smart, is it?

You ****ing moron--do I have to spell out every last detail ?

--just a couple posts ago I told you about voltage imbalance and its effect
on motor heating....which is a WAY more serious situation than is running
20% or so above ( or below nominal ) with BALANCED voltages.

1) Balance the converter, generally, capacitors are used.

2) Transform the output if needed ( notably, most 3ph transformers have taps
which allow for a slight buck/ boost adjustment on a per-phase basis )

3) Apply power factor at each load, if needed....

But since it's apparent you're just arguing for arguements then I'm done
with it now goodbye TROLL