Posted to uk.d-i-y
airsmoothed airsmoothed is offline

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

On May 12, 2:11*pm, News wrote:
Yes, that old chestnut. *Given the vast wealth of experience (and
opinions g) here, what time is reasonable for a ten year old boy to go
to bed at night?

Yes, the same arguments are being used. *The same as the ones we used as
children, no doubt. *I haven't a clue what time I was sent to bed, but
eight o'clock rings a bell.

Current bedtime is half past eight Sunday to Thursday, with a half hour
extension Friday and Saturday. *I think that is too late, but that is
irrelevant. *Is half past eight too early for a ten year old boy, with
school the next day? *I think not.
--
Graeme

My 8 year old son seldom goes to bed before 9pm, but then he gets
himself up at 7am, makes his own breakfast and gets dressed himself,
so I can see no point in sending him to bed any earlier, he obviously
doesn't need any more sleep.