Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Sea-facing gable-end wall to paint

"Jason" wrote in message
I am having my chimney rebuilt in a few weeks time, and to do that, the
gable-end wall needs scaffolding. Taking advantage of that, I would like
paint the wall, since I cannot get to it without the scaffolding.

Why do you want to paint it? Whatever you use it will need doing again, and
again, and again. I vowed never to have another house that needs painting
after owning a painted, rendered house for 23 years. The longest lasting
paint I used was Micatex by Permoglaze ( I think they call it Permotex now)
that weathered far better than Sandtex, but if you must paint that wall use
the smooth version it goes much further.

Mike