Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cabinet Doors

Sonny likely identified the issue. If a straight edge laid up against
the groove shows some bow, you can just rabbit the back side of the
panel(s) a bit to add clearance and overcome the binding. Then use
some space balls or some other method like foam rubber or tubing, etc
added in the bottom of the grooves to keep the panels from rattling.

Sounds like you are doing some cool stuff and doing it right ie Dry
Fitting. Not everyone is alwasy so smart and ends up witha glued up
problem. Of course that has "never" happened to me. ;^)

On May 12, 7:51*am, Roger wrote:
Mostly a lurker here but desperately need your help on these doors.
These are nothing fancy floating panel doors to go on a painted storage
cabinet. *When I dry fit the frames everything is flat and square on the
workbench and everything lines up. *The panels when laid on the bench
are flat also. *When I slide the panels into the frames for the final
dry fit, one corner or opposing corners will slightly bow. *Have checked
all rails and stiles for squareness of cuts, groove for correct depth
and that the panel grooves line up. *What am I missing? *Any thoughts
and assistance will be greatly appreciated.