Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob[_4_] notbob[_4_] is offline

Default Lawnmower buying time

On 2011-05-12, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

spring. After that- 1 will do it. It has a completely different
sound than any other mower I've walked behind. More like a sewing
machine than a mower.

A lot of ppl still haven't experienced a Honda. Actually, an amazing
company. I've been involved with them since my high school days, when
they were flooding our country (US) with cheaply priced motorcycles.
I've owned a couple of their motorcycles and one car. I was also a
motorcycle mechanic at one time and have worked on a lot of brands,
including Honda.

The car completely turned me around. Till then, I was a died in the
wool Mopar man and totally disgusted with the Japanese quality myth.
By that time, I'd already amassed a garage full of dead Japanese
stereo and photo equipment that had barely made it to the end of
warranty before expiring. My '87 Honda Civic Hatchback was different.
Best car I ever owned.

I bought it with 120K on the odometer and proceded to commute 70-90
miles per day for the next several yrs. It was the Sport Injected
model (Si) and a total joy to drive. Got 36 mpg, would smoked any of
the old Brit roadsters I'd once owned on a road coarse, and reliable
as a brick. I finally sold it with 255K on an engine that still
purred and got 34 mpg. I replaced one starter, one muffler, one set
alt brushes, 2 velo joints and one tranny ($160!). It was 19 yrs old.

I've since had a lot of experience with Hondas. A very close friend
lived off one of their self starting generators for 6 yrs. It
provided all power and ran flawlesly the entire time. In CA, Hondas
are worth their weight in gold. Last longer than Mercedes and
Beemers, and are worth more at resale.

There are very few things in this world I will trust, hands down,
sight unseen. A Honda is one. Buy one and see why.

nb