Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT? Sluts!

"harry" wrote
You have strange friends Smitty. I don't know anyone who has been
raped.
But then you are a member of a nasty, violent society, brainwashed by
Hollywood and not well educated.
Did the persons you refer to dress sluttishly?
Anyone else out there know someone who's been raped or is Smitty a one
off?
Is this a common thing in America?

Oh, I bet you do know someone. Maybe they have never told you, but you can
be sure someone in your circle of friends or relatives has been raped. It
happens in every country. The rate in the UK is about 23 per 100,000. Poor
conviction rate you Brits have too.

If you look at the statistics, the countries with the highest rates are the
ones mostly likely to report them.

From Wikipedia:
According to a news report on BBC One presented in 12 November 2007, there
were 85,000 women raped in the UK in the previous year, equating to about
230 cases every day. According to that report one of every 200 women in the
UK was raped in 2006. The report also showed that only 800 persons were
convicted in rape crimes that same year.[29][30]