Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics
mm mm is offline

Default Follow-up on IR-remote-remote

Follow-up on IR remote remote

I figured that just like light fills the whole room when you turn on a
light, so did IR!

But no, I noticed that if I held my hand between the CFL ceiling light
and the Powermid pyramid, the red light on the pyramid went off.

So rather than change the bulb, I was going to make a little paper
awning that would keep the IR from the light away from the pyramid.

But I noticed again that turning on the tv also lights the red light,
and that no place I put a paper shield made any difference.

So I'll do more testing, with a pyramid and mostly with other
televisions. Or moving the pyramid. I may have to install another
outlet -- the room only has one.

I have five of these in operation, but only the bathroom gives me a
problem, maybe because that ceiling light is only a foot in front of
the pyramid and because only there does the pyramid sit right on the
tv.

Thanks again for all the advice.