Posted to alt.home.repair
Giganews[_3_] Giganews[_3_] is offline

Default Lawnmower buying time

OK guys, what do you think the best push mower is these days? My John Deere
has given up after about 15+ years. The Kawasaki engine was great until
today. Bad knock (started that last year) and it stopped. I'm not sure if
it is worth rebuilding.

The new JD mowers use B & S engines and, IMO, they are just not all that
durable. Any opinions?

I had a Cub Cadet years ago and it was crap after 3 years, a Craftsman after
4 years. Both were a long time ago.

How about self propelled reliability? It was subject to breaking in the
past, but may be more durable today.

I'm also thinking Honda. Never had one but they seem to have a good
reputation.