Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Slow Recovery Water Heater / variable pilot?

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 May 2011 17:00:04 GMT, (Pinstripe
Sniper) wrote:

All this talk about water heating (and the stainless tanks) prompts me
to ask about current residential water heaters.

I have an older water heater (+10 years!) and I think one reason it
has lasted this long is that it doesn't work that hard - several years
ago I set it so just the pilot flame is on.

It may have lasted so long simply because it was well made. My
previous gas water heater lasted 24 years. I just replaced it a month
or so ago. I don't expect the new one to last half that long.

Holy ****.... who made it? They could use you for an advertisement or
sumpn....
--
EA

My current gas water heater (Sears) is about the same age. It still has
the asbestos-paper sleeves I made to cover the fiberglass batting I wound
around the outlet pipe, so you know it's old.

Heh, my 5 year water heater is a sears/kenmore, on its 15th year...
Mebbe we can get ourselves a new career....
--
EA

--
Ed Huntress

Two of the three heaters in my building were here when I bought it 23 years
ago. They are seven year units and were well out of warranty when I moved
in.

Paul K. Dickman