Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default OT? Sluts!

On May 11, 8:28*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*Red Green wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in
news

In article
,
*harry wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ilise-for-firs
t-britis h-slutwalk-rally-2281611.html

Thought this might amuse!

So rape is amusing to you? Or women standing up to those who say that
women get raped because they dress attractively? Sorry, Harry, you're
nothing but a ****ing asshole if that's the way you think.

Not the way I took it Smitty. I personally agree with their stance. What I,
and possibly Harry...maybe, found amusing is an open movement and
demonstration of such. I was not aware of the previous occurrences.

I think what amused Harry was the term "slut." Some guys never get over
being 15 yrs. old. *He probably didn't even read the article.

Of all the serious, long-term girlfriends I've had (relationships
lasting more than two years) ---

One lost her virginity by being raped at knife point in a dorm room. Her
friends heard her crying and knocked on the door to ask whether she was
OK. The guy said he'd kill her if she said anything other than "I'm OK."

One was repeatedly sexually abused by her mother from infancy through
about age 10.

One lost her virginity at age 14 to a professional fashion photographer
for whom she was modeling clothing. After she declined his request for
sex, he chased her around the swimming pool for an hour before he caught
and raped her.

One was raped at age 12 by her brother and his friend.

One was raped regularly by her father, from age 12 to about 16. Her
sister, also. Father now lives in South America, where pedophilia isn't
so frowned upon, and continues to rape children.

So making light of rape doesn't sit well with me.

Me neither. It takes a certain male insecurity to even joke about
something so horrendous.

In the news: Our good friends and oil-lies, the Saudis, recently
invaded Bahrain to put down another of the popular uprisings exploding
in the Middle East.
Young girls in Bahrain were arrested by the "police", badly beaten,
more and more forcibly as they refused to cave and beg for mercy.
Then they were threatened with rape. First person report this morning
on NPR . Can you visualize this happening to your daughter?

What was the Administration's reaction: Nil, according to the radio
host, who commented: "Bahrain is home to the US 5th Fleet."

QED.

HB