Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT HIghway Patrol cars

On Wed, 11 May 2011 09:57:57 -0700, Kuskokwim wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2011 05:31:21 -0400, mm wrote:

I've been watching reruns of Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford
for the past few months.

Where are you finding these reruns?? They don't seem to be on DVD or on
Directv.

They are on This TV, which in Baltimore is OTA 45.2.
I'm positive that it's on in some other cities, but my browser has
figured out that I live in Baltimore and that's all it tells me about.
http://baltimore.thistv.com/ Oh, no wonder. Enntering www.thistv.com
redirects to http://baltimore.thistv.com/. Surely that's not true
everywher in the US. It's on in San Francisco and LA!

Clicking on http://www.thistv.com/schedule , the link for SF,
redirects to Baltimore, but clicking on the google cached version
doesn't!

But I still havent' found a list of cities or tv stations.

IT also has Seahunt, the Patty Duke Show and, which I never liked,
Mr. Ed. Starting about 5AM. At 4AM is the Outer Limits which I also
never liked. The rest of the day it has movies, what they call
movies with famous actors before they got famous. Some are very
good, some are actually famous themselves, many are 70's horror
movies, especially Saturday night, and the rest are okay.

For programs from the same period, there is also RTV, Retro TV, which
I could get from DC OTA on 7.3 for a couple years. Now ironically I
can get it through the digital to analog converter which is connected
to the VCR, which has a manual A/B switch connecting it to my central
distribution point. With an antenna that is just a 5 foot piece of
single strand wire lying on the floor of the second floor. But I
can't get it with the 3-year old digital-tuner Philips DVDR connected
to a pretty big antenna with an antennal amp in the attic. I have to
fix that. I have the wrong remote for the VCR and can only record at
the fastest, most tape-consuming rate. 2 hours on an 6 or 8 hour
cassette, so I haven't been recording the shows on 7.3.