codepath

Default How To Make A Zero Clearance Insert With Splitter

What if I put my saw in an old bank vault? Would that be safe enough?

codepath

"James D Kountz" wrote in message
Hey good point Edmin I never thought of that. You got me thinking though.

If
I was to cover the insert with a soft felt or velour material it would be
softer for the kids to climb around on and would also eliminate the
possibility of getting splinters! Cool huh?

Jim

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"James D Kountz" wrote in message
And to add to what Edwin asked, Id like to know if I should use a wipe

on
poly or leave it natural? If I leave it natural will it provoke

premature
decay in the cast iron of my saw table? Just wondering because a

friend
of
mine who doesnt have internet access yet (Hes a Sherpa) asked me and I

told
him I would pass this on to you guys since we're both too stupid to

figure
this out on our own! :-)

Jim

I'm thinking mineral oil. It is safe on cutting boards so it should be
here. You just don't know if your kids will be crawling on the saw and
chewing on the insert. You just can't be too safe.
Ed