Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ret.[_5_] Ret.[_5_] is offline

Default (OT sorry) Virgin Media Tariff Oddity.

Man at B&Q wrote:
On May 9, 8:29 am, "Ret." wrote:
Derek G. wrote:
Attn. Virgin Media customers.

Daughter had Virgin Media when she was away as a student and would
like us to kick Sky into touch and move to Virgin Media because of
some of it's features. I would quite fancy the super fast fibre
optic broadband, plus VM is cheaper than Sky.

I am paying £74.50 pm for Sky HD TV (including movie channels), Sky
Broadband with unlimited downloads, and Sky Talk with free 'anytime'
calls and free calls to most European countries, USA and Canada
(including line rental).

Having Sky broadband also means that I can connect the router to my
Sky Box and get 'Anytime plus' with pages of movies and programmes
available to download and watch 'on demand' free of charge.

I reckon that's pretty good value compared with other 'packages'
I've looked at - and I've been more than happy with Sky broadband
service as well.

VM TV may be cheaper than Sky TV - but then they don't have as many
channels and don't have quite a number of the more popular channels
either. I suppose, in relation to TV, a lot depends upon what
channels/programmes you watch.

--
Kev

You need to get out more.