Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default Sea-facing gable-end wall to paint

On May 10, 9:30*pm, Jason wrote:
On 10/05/2011 21:24, Tabby wrote:

Fwiw lime is durable, doesnt cause damp leading to damage, and handles
salts in a way that does not damage the wall underneath. Its also
exceptionally easy to apply and extremely cheap. It lasts a good deal
longer than 10 years.

NT

There is a 300 year old house down the road on the sea front, painted with lime,
so this may be the job, so long as it sticks:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=14+c...+whitley+bay&o....

-- JJ

I've heard people say it wont stick to concrete, but I've yet to
encounter any such problem. If there is a sticking issue, adding 1%
boiled linseed oil may solve it.

NT