Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default (OT sorry) Virgin Media Tariff Oddity.

On May 9, 8:29*am, "Ret." wrote:
Derek G. wrote:
Attn. Virgin Media customers.

Daughter had Virgin Media when she was away as a student and would
like us to kick Sky into touch and move to Virgin Media because of
some of it's features. I would quite fancy the super fast fibre optic
broadband, plus VM is cheaper than Sky.

I am paying £74.50 pm for Sky HD TV (including movie channels), Sky
Broadband with unlimited downloads, and Sky Talk with free 'anytime' calls
and free calls to most European countries, USA and Canada (including line
rental).

Having Sky broadband also means that I can connect the router to my Sky Box
and get 'Anytime plus' with pages of movies and programmes available to
download and watch 'on demand' free of charge.

I reckon that's pretty good value compared with other 'packages' I've looked
at - and I've been more than happy with Sky broadband service as well.

VM TV may be cheaper than Sky TV - but then they don't have as many channels
and don't have quite a number of the more popular channels either. I
suppose, in relation to TV, a lot depends upon what channels/programmes you
watch.

--
Kev

You need to get out more.