Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lawn mower blades

Slightly off-thread:

I once had a 30" Gravely mower with a monster blade: about 3/8" thick by
3" wide & 30" long. As the end kept getting narrower and narrower
from sharpening and I put off buying a new one ($$), it occurred to me
that I could make it into a flail mower by cutting off the narrow ends
and bolting on short flails. Those flails could even be pieces of 21"
mower blades, which could be had for no cost (dump).

I sold the mower before I had to do anything about the blade, but would
the conversion-to-flail have been a good idea?

Bob