Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT HIghway Patrol cars

"mm" wrote in message

But one thing gets me. The police cars are all full-size (since
that's almost all that existed in the 50's. But they are all 2-door.

Did any police have 2-door cars?

When they arrest someone, they put him in the back seat, usually with
his hands cuffed behind him, but not always iirc. Sometimes maybe
they put him in the front seat. I forget.

I recall two door police cars back then. When I lived in Philly years ago,
the called for the Paddy Wagon to take the prisoners.

I know that our grade school janitor bought an old Ford (maybe late 40's)
police car and it was two doors, maybe even a coupe. Hard to recall details
from 50+ years ago.