Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default (OT sorry) Virgin Media Tariff Oddity.

"John" wrote in message

8

Don't be silly Timothy, of course you're NOT renting the box from them -
after the end of the initial contract, that is. If I wanted to, I could
quit the monthly subscription and either (a) sell the box as I said
earlier - if I was renting it from them, they'd want their property back,
surely? or (b) buy a "Freesat from Sky" card at a one-off charge (about
£20 IIRC) to put into the box instead of the monthly subscription card.
Same box, no monthly payments for programmes or for rent of the box.

You never rent the sky box.
Its yours to do what you like with.
However there is a 12 moth contract so its a bit silly to ebay it for the
first 12 months.

You don't need the freesat from sky card, the Sky card will do the free
stuff even if you drop the monthly payments.