Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe[_3_] Ron Lowe[_3_] is offline

Default Defeating security Torx

On 10/05/2011 09:06, Fevric J. Glandules wrote:
Toaster's on the blink and I want to have a crack at it.

The base plate is held on by six screws [1]. Four are cross-head;
two at one end are security Torx - i.e. Torx with a pin in the
middle to stop you using normal Torx drivers. (Onfgneqf).

Anyone had success with drilling out the central pin?

I could just drill out the screw entirely. I'm sure the
remaining four screws would do an adequate job.

Thoughts?

[1] Would "bolts" be more accurate?

In addition to the other suggestion, if you have access, you can use a
hacksaw to cut a normal screwdriver-slot across the head.

--
Ron