Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default Weight of truck on concrete sidewalk

On May 10, 8:05*am, Frank wrote:
On 5/10/2011 8:49 AM, ransley wrote:

* I am having an apartment building gutted because of fire, the
contractor wants to park a dump truck on my lawn and sidewalk which is
a few years old. The truck is medium size dual rear wheels with about
16-20 ft bed 5 ft high, I guess maybe 10 ton loaded but I dont know.
What do I need to have them put under the wheels to protect my
concrete and lawn, can I really protect the concrete from cracking. I
thought using 1" plywood cut in half so I would have 2" thick 4 foot
wide sheets under each wheel. Or must I have them park in the street.

I'm not sure how to arrange this contract-wise, but contractor should be
held liable for damages if they occur.

Last year, I had some trees removed from a hilly area and contractor
brought in a mat to lay over the lawn in parts he had to bring a log
hauling tractor and lawn was left undamaged. *It should be up to your
contractor to do something similar.

It will be in writing they are liable, and I am thinking I am stupid
to agree to let them do it and I dont need the extra headache.