Posted to alt.home.repair
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Weight of truck on concrete sidewalk

On May 10, 7:49*am, ransley wrote:
*I am having an apartment building gutted because of fire, the
contractor wants to park a dump truck on my lawn and sidewalk which is
a few years old. The truck is medium size dual rear wheels with about
16-20 ft bed 5 ft high, I guess maybe 10 ton loaded but I dont know.
What do I need to have them put under the wheels to protect my
concrete and lawn, can I really protect the concrete from cracking. I
thought using 1" plywood cut in half so I would have 2" thick 4 foot
wide sheets under each wheel. Or must I have them park in the street.

I would keep it off of the sidewalk. Experience speaking.

RonB