Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weight of truck on concrete sidewalk

On May 10, 8:49*am, ransley wrote:
*I am having an apartment building gutted because of fire, the
contractor wants to park a dump truck on my lawn and sidewalk which is
a few years old. The truck is medium size dual rear wheels with about
16-20 ft bed 5 ft high, I guess maybe 10 ton loaded but I dont know.
What do I need to have them put under the wheels to protect my
concrete and lawn, can I really protect the concrete from cracking. I
thought using 1" plywood cut in half so I would have 2" thick 4 foot
wide sheets under each wheel. Or must I have them park in the street.

Sadly plywood does not distribute the load very much. It's crap shoot
as to your sidewalk if you park something heavy on it. Depends on how
firm the ground is under it. Crossing the sidewalk is less risky than
leaving it sitting on it. Can't they get on the other side of it?