Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default Condensate pump pan?

On May 9, 3:30*pm, "
wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a pan made to fit under a typical HVAC
condensate pump?
I have a condensate pump in the basement for the furnace and AC that
pumps the
water outside. *I'd like to put a pan that's maybe 16 x 8 or so under
the pump. *I'd
then have the secondary drain (overflow) from the AC coil and the
furnace going into
the pan as well. *The pan should have a fitting so I can hook up a
hose and go from
there to the french drain. *That way if the pump fails or the primary
lines clog, the
water would go to the french drain instead of the basement floor.
I'd also put one
*of the small battery water alarms in the pan.

I can find big ones made to go under entire furnaces for attics, etc,
but nothing
small enough for just the condensate pump itself.

I would think make one from plastic ware, on another issue what if a
water pipe or the hose to the washer broke, how would the water get
out.