Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - The price of a Republican flight jacket is...

On Mon, 09 May 2011 16:43:40 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 5/9/2011 3:19 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:01:38 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

There has never been a protracted war from which a country
has benefited.

Id have to disagree.

The US benefited for 60 yrs from WW2

We were only active in the last 3 1/2 years of a war that lasted for 13
years, starting with the Japanese invasion of Manchuria. Hardly
"protracted". Also, we did comparatively little of the dying and
suffered no destruction of our industrial capacity.

David

Actually..we were in the Great Depression until 1938-39..when the Brits
and other nations started needing goods and services and we got payments
and started ramping up..and up and up and cranking out goods by the
megatons. So we were involved for at least 6 yrs.
It not only brought us out of FDRs ****up, but we managed to supply the
world...and kept on supplying the world because we not only hadnt
suffered war loss of our industrial capacity..just Depression
loss..which was exceptionally bad..but we were the sole manufacturing
supplier for many many years and we rode to the top of manufacturing as
a result.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is